Evolution is the process by which a Pokémon undergoes a special type of metamorphosis after achieving some task. While evolving a Pokémon will cause their stats to boost, they will learn moves at a much slower rate.
Evolving your Pokémon
Pokémon can evolve in many different ways. The most common method of evolution is leveling up. Some Pokémon require leveling up under certain conditions, such as holding certain items, being at certain places, having a high friendship stat, knowing specific moves or during the day/night. Another common method of evolution is evolutionary stones. Some Pokémon can even be evolved by trading!
List of Evolution Methods
- Level up.
- Level up while knowing move.
- Level up at certain place.
- At certain time of day.
- While holding a certain item.
- Giving a Evolutionary Stone.
- Via Trading.
- Via Trading while holding a certain item.
- Via Trading a certain Pokemon.
- Mantyke evolves into Mantine when it levels up if there is a Remoraid in the player's party.
- In Generations III and IV, Feebas evolves into Milotic when it levels up if its Beauty condition is 170 or above*.
- Combee evolves into a Vespiquen at level 21 if it is female. Male Combee do not evolve.
- When Nincada evolves into Ninjask at level 20, if there is an empty slot in the party, a Shedinja will appear. From Generation IV onward, the player must also have a spare standard Poké Ball in their Bag.
- Pancham evolves into Pangoro starting at level 32 if there is a Dark-type Pokémon in the user's party.
- Sliggoo evolves into Goodra starting at level 50 if it is raining in the overworld. Rain caused by Rain Dance or Drizzle will not trigger the evolution.
- Burmy evolves at level 20, but its new form is determined by its gender and, if female, its cloak (which changes according to the place where it has battled last time).
*Male Burmy → Mothim *Female Burmy → Wormadam, but the type combination of Wormadam is determined by the cloak. *With Plant Cloak (after battling in the wild) → Bug/Grass Wormadam. *With Sandy Cloak (after battling in a cave or on a beach) → Bug/Ground Wormadam. *With Trash Cloak (after battling in a building) → Bug/Steel Wormadam.
- Wurmple evolves at level 7 into Silcoon or Cascoon depending on its personality value. It is a hidden value determined when the Pokémon is caught and cannot be affected by the player.
- Professor Elm specializes in Pokémon evolution.
- Before the 0.18 patch, Hoppip could evolve into Pidgey at level 4.
|0.16||Kakuna and Rattata evolutions implemented.|
|0.17||Stopping evolution implemented.|
|0.18||Fixed Hoppip's evolution.|